French school Second half of the 14th century
30,3 cm x 21,7 cm
Royal Museums of Fine Arts of Belgium, Brussels
Sale of the entire collection of paintings of the collector Emile Renders, Brussels and Bruges, via Jacques De Mul, Walter Paech, Alois Miedl (who had taken over the business of art dealer Goudstikker, Amsterdam, during the Occupation, no. 6049) to Andreas Hofer; purchased by Hermann Göring on 15 May 1941. This painting from the collection was not transferred from Carinhall but instead found its way to the Deutsche Landsvolksbank at Lenggries (Lenggries no. 13/21) from June 1942; recovered from there by the American Monuments, Fine Arts & Archives division in 1945; transferred to the Collection Point München (Munich no. 15864/21); returned to Belgium (Economic Recovery Service no. A.55); after the verdict in the trial of E. Renders assigned in 1952 to the Royal Museums of Fine Arts of Belgium, Brussels.